The Potomac Valley Chapter is comprised of 57 families that live in the section of Montgomery County that is west of Route 355 (including Potomac, North Potomac, Gaithersburg and parts of Bethesda, North Bethesda and Rockville).
Our families are devoted to “putting our children first” as evidenced by our chapter’s child-centered programming. Some of the highlights include:
- • Poetry Slam to celebrate Black History Month; allowed children to practice their public speaking skills and develop a greater appreciation for the arts
- • Legislative Forum featuring elected officials on the state and local level; children asked most of the questions
- • Jack and Jill Day at Imagination Stage including members of the community; children saw a special performance
- • Children assembled baskets filled with Thanksgiving meals and donated them to the National Center for Children and Families
- • Monthly age group activities for children that have an educational, social, recreational, civic or legislative focus
In addition, our mothers have hosted fundraisers to raise money for local charities and the Jack and Jill Foundation.
In October 2014, we will celebrate our 30th anniversary and we have more exciting events on the horizon!
Yours in Jack and Jill,
Potomac Valley Chapter President